Home

Gas safety

Anyone who uses gas should be aware of the risks and how to keep safe. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances and installations can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions, and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, so it’s important that your gas appliances are checked regularly by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.

If you smell gas:

If you're concerned about the safety of a gas appliance:

It is illegal for anyone to use a gas appliance if they suspect it is unsafe. Turn the appliance off and do not touch it until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer. If you notice any of the following warning signs below, please contact us to book in a gas safe engineer to attend your property: